Port Lincoln & Coffin Bay Photography Workshop
3 DAYS, 2 NIGHTS
Discover breathtaking through the lens
Join award winning Eyre Peninsula photographer, Fran Solly, on a photographic tour through South Australia's most dramatic coastal and outback regions. Fran is a professional photographer and lead photographer with Take 2 Photography. You will have her undivided attention, plus one-on-one mentoring and support as groups are intimate and personal with only four guests per tour.
The Eyre Peninsula offers a spectacular blend of terrestrial and marine wildlife photography opportunities. There are a variety of habitats including coastal dune shrublands, mallee woodlands and saltmarshes showcasing 270 species of birds, 1,900 native plant species, and iconic species such as Australian sea lions, western grey kangaroos, emus, koalas, southern hairy-nosed wombats, goannas, dolphins and numerous bush birds. Landscapes include the amazing patterns and textures of the area’s pristine sand dunes and salt lakes, as well as unique granite outcrops. Our seascapes range from rugged surf beaches fringed with towering limestone cliffs to gentle deserted shores.
Fran shares her favourite photographic destinations, her experience and knowledge in post-processing and editing and ensures that guests are in the right place at the right time for that perfect photo. For the past five years, Fran has also been teaching photography and post processing, with her courses being highly sought after. For those wanting to capture the ocean's ultimate predator, this tour can also be extended to photograph the great white shark.
- Immerse yourself in the stunning landscapes and the lifestyle of what Port Lincoln & Coffin Bay are renowned for — seafood, oysters, amazing native wildlife, and the relaxing nature of the region.
- Venture into our local National Parks for the authentic Eyre Peninsula and spectacular coastlines
Visit wetlands, Lincoln, Coffin Bay & Mount Dutton Bay National Parks, Conservation Parks, Mallee Scrub, Islands, coastal hamlets, wilderness areas & protected areas
- View an abundance of seabirds, shorebirds, songbirds, parrots (including the beautiful Port Lincoln Parrot) and raptors including Osprey and White-bellied Sea Eagles
- Add to the list — western grey kangaroos, emus, koalas and Rosenberg’s goannas a delight for visitors to see, plus so much more.
- Interact with our iconic koalas: you’re sure to be surprised.
- Learn about the Coffin Bay oyster and the beauty of Coffin Bay with an Oyster Cruise & Tasting to the protected marine parks of Coffin Bay.
- Experience one-on-one mentoring sessions with Fran and a post processing/editing workshop to get the best out of your images
- Touring with professional, local and experienced Photographer & Guide
- Transport in luxury 4WD Land-Cruiser
- Airport transfers
- All daily activities, permit and entry fees based on itinerary
- All National Park & other entry fees
- Coffin Bay Oyster Tasting & Cruise
- Daily Continental breakfast
- Daily lunches
- One on one Mentoring Session
- Post processing/editing workshop
- Two-nights accommodation at Port
- Lincoln Hotel – Ocean View Room OR two-nights accommodation at South Point beach house – private tour
Enquire about this tour
We were travelling by cruise ship in Feb 2019 and I found this tour online Best of Coffin Bay & Port Lincoln Day Tour by Australian Coastal Safaris, very easy to book online and received emails quickly and was kept informed right up to day of the tour with instructions, greeted on wharf by Peter our guide for the day and really was the best day, Peter shared his knowledge and passion for this area and we lapped it up, learning about the Coffin Bay Pacific Oysters, seafood lunch was a treat so good to try the variety from the area, some things I have not tried before and surprise afternoon "happy hour" at Mikkira Station was a bonus. I would highly recommend Peter and Australian Coastal Safaris and if we came back to SA would certainly see them to explore the area further. Many Thanks!