Birdwatching on the Southern Eyre Peninsula
3 Days, 2 nights
A terrific tour for enthusiastic twitchers
A birdwatcher’s delight! Join us on a shared tour over three days and two nights. With 100 national and conservation parks, over 270 species of birds living in mallee bushland and spectacular coastal scenery, Eyre Peninsula is emerging as a ‘must-see’ destination for eco and wildlife tours. Your guide is Fran Solly. A keen birdwatcher for more than 30 years, Fran knows the local birds well, including many by their call. She contributes to the local scientific database through bird surveys which are conducted across the Peninsula. Fran is also a professional photographer and started her photography journey photographing birds. A selection of Fran’s photographs can be found here and in the recently updated Birds of Southern Eyre Peninsula Field Guide.
Fran was indeed a great leader and we enjoyed every minute with her. I got lots of great images and will probably spend lots of time sorting when we get back. We will definitely let our friends know about your tours should they be coming to Australia.
- Visit wetlands, Lincoln, Coffin Bay, and Mount Dutton Bay National Parks, Conservation Parks, mallee scrub, islands, coastal hamlets, wilderness areas, and protected areas
- Observe an abundance of seabirds, shorebirds, songbirds, parrots (including the beautiful Port Lincoln Parrot) and raptors including osprey and white-bellied sea eagles
- Add to the list the western grey kangaroos, emus, koalas and Rosenberg’s goannas (a delight for visitors to see), plus so much more.
- Be surprised by the best wild interaction with our iconic koalas.
- Learn about the Coffin Bay oyster and the beauty of Coffin Bay with the oyster tour & tasting.
- Experienced, local and professional birdwatching guide
- Accommodation at Port Lincoln Hotel in an ocean view balcony room
- Breakfasts, daily lunches, morning/afternoon teas
- Selected beverages
- All entry fees
- All charges for itinerary components
- Birds of Southern Eyre Pocket Guide Book
- Transport in luxury 4WD
Minimum 2 Guests/Maximum 6 Guests
Prices are based on 4 guests, Twin Share, Single Supplement for single person accommodation
If 2 guests price will differ, please contact us
Enquire about this tour
Fantastic trip, Fran Solly was our guide, and she did an amazing job. Finding plenty of birds for us. Morning tea and lunch provided was excellent!