Wildlife & Ocean Encounter
3 DAYS, 3 NIGHTS (SEASONAL ONLY 1ST OCTOBER - 31ST MAY)
Adventure and excitement in the water and out
This is a really special tour full of wild encounters in some of the most beautiful places in South Australia.
Let Australian Coastal Safaris show you the very best in native wildlife with visits to Big Swamp (freshwater) Wetlands, Coffin Bay National Park, Avoid Bay, Mount Dutton Bay Conservation Park, Baird Bay, Port Lincoln National Park, and Mikkira Station.
Apart from experiencing land-based wildlife and birdlife in their natural habitat, you’ll get to spend an amazing day in Baird Bay swimming with Australian sea lions — one of only two places in the world where this is available. You’ll also get out into deeper water where you can swim with bottlenose dolphins. These lightning-fast and powerful animals sometimes come so close you can hear them chatter.
Back on land, make sure you pack your binoculars or camera because, over the three incredible days, your guide will point out the diverse range of animals and birdlife much of which is rare, endangered or vulnerable. You’ll be especially astounded at the variety of birdlife in the region including seabirds, shorebirds, songbirds, parrots (including the rare Port Lincoln parrot) and raptors such as osprey and the white-bellied sea eagle.
Love oysters? You’ll love The Brother Cruise where a local Oyster farmer will take you cruising to The Brothers where you can watch seabirds, seals and dolphins that frolic in this area. You’ll also learn about, and sample, fresh Pacific and native agassi oysters including the farming practices involved in growing, harvesting and processing this marine delicacy.
Surely one of the best wildlife encounters is getting up close with a koalas at Mikkira Station. An environment of stunted gums mean the koalas are often sitting in tree branches at, or just above, head height meaning you can view these beautiful animals up close in their natural habitat.
Thank you both for making our time so very comfortable and relaxed. We loved everything and needless to say, it was the highlight of our visit to Australia. A world class experience, thank you immensely!
- Visit internationally-significant freshwater wetlands, Lincoln, Coffin Bay & Mount Dutton Bay National Parks, Conservation Parks, mallee scrub, islands, coastal hamlets, wilderness areas, and protected areas
Cruise to The Brothers — unique, paleontological-significant islands, plus a tour and tasting at an oyster farm
- Swim with Australian sea lions and bottlenose dolphins at Baird Bay
View an abundance of seabirds, shorebirds, songbirds, parrots (including the beautiful Port Lincoln parrot) and raptors including osprey and white-bellied sea eagles
- Look out for the western grey kangaroos, emus, koalas and Rosenberg’s goannas (a delight for visitors to see), plus so much more.
- Experience the best wild interaction with our iconic koalas at Mikkira Station.
Popular add-on options include:
- Day trip to cage dive with Great White Sharks
- 3 Nights accommodation at Port Lincoln Hotel – Ocean View Room OR 3 Nights accommodation at South Point Beach House – Private Tour
- Dinners — only on private tours when staying at South Point Beach house
- Touring with professional, local and experienced guides
- Transport in luxury 4WD Land-Cruiser
- Airport transfers
- All daily activities, permit and entry fees based on itinerary
- All National Park & other entry fees
- Daily Continental breakfast
- Daily lunches
- Waters, soft drinks, tea, coffee, local produce, local wines & beer
- Birds of Southern Eyre Peninsula Pocket Guide book
You might also like these tours
Enquire about this tour
The Eyre Peninsula is almost a hidden gem with so much to see and do here and what a fantastic coastline! The area is just breathtaking, beautiful, rugged, almost indescribable with words.