Hunt and Gather Seafood Experience
ONE DAY (9-HOURS)
A day of seafood indulgence
Kick off your tour by digging your toes in the sand to collect cockles. Then, go 4Wdriving through massive sand dunes to throw a line from a pure white beach into an azure blue sea where you’ll be delighted as fresh fish are hooked and pulled to shore. To top it off, marvel as fresh abalone is collected just metres from shore.
Then, you can then sit back and relax as a seafood lunch is cooked by your Australian Coastal Safari host on the beach while you indulge in a glass of local wine, breathe in the freshest sea air, and watch out for local dolphins and sea lions that frequent the area. This tour was featured in Tourism Australia’s Restaurant Australia campaign.
Lunch" led our Hunt & Gather trip where we snorkeled for abalone, collected cockles & fished off his own incredible beach for Salmon. Cooking the catch was amazing. Freshness guaranteed!
- Hunt and gather for abalone and cockles
- 4WDriving through massive sand dunes
- Relax with a local wine or beer while looking out for Dolphins
- BBQ Seafood Lunch on the beach
- Test your skills at catching the fighting Australian Salmon while surf/beach fishing on a secluded beach
Popular add-on options include:
- Take an exhilarating day trip to cage dive with great white sharks
- Swim with frolicking sea lions
- Head out on an offshore fishing charter
- And so much more...just tell us what you want to do!!
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Seafood Lunch
- All equipment including fishing gear
Enquire about this tour
We were travelling by cruise ship in Feb 2019 and I found this tour online Best of Coffin Bay & Port Lincoln Day Tour by Australian Coastal Safaris, very easy to book online and received emails quickly and was kept informed right up to day of the tour with instructions, greeted on wharf by Peter our guide for the day and really was the best day, Peter shared his knowledge and passion for this area and we lapped it up, learning about the Coffin Bay Pacific Oysters, seafood lunch was a treat so good to try the variety from the area, some things I have not tried before and surprise afternoon "happy hour" at Mikkira Station was a bonus. I would highly recommend Peter and Australian Coastal Safaris and if we came back to SA would certainly see them to explore the area further. Many Thanks!