Port Lincoln Wildlife Encounters
2 DAYS, 2 NIGHTS
Indulge your Wild Side
An exceptional opportunity to get a first-hand look at the region’s extraordinary wildlife and unique birdlife.
Spend two full days exploring the likes of Big Swamp (freshwater) Wetlands, Coffin Bay National Park, Avoid Bay, Mount Dutton Bay Conservation Park, Port Lincoln National Park, and Mikkira Station where an incredible diversity of environments is also home to some of Australia’s rare, endangered and vulnerable wildlife. Your Australian Coastal Safaris guide will point out these at-risk species along with threatened plant life.
Your tour also includes a visit to an oyster farm, where you’ll learn about, and sample, fresh Pacific and Native Agassi Oysters including the farming practices involved in growing, harvesting and processing this valuable marine mollusc.
Look forward to encountering wildlife such as western grey kangaroos, emus, koalas, western brown and tiger snakes (in Summer), shingleback and blue tongue lizards and geckos. There’s also a chance you might also come across Rosenberg’s goanna, echidnas, brush-tailed bettongs, bush rats, western pygmy possums and more.
Bird enthusiasts should keep their binoculars handy for sightings of seabirds, shorebirds, songbirds, parrots, and raptors including osprey and white-bellied sea eagles. In fact, on this tour there’s a good chance you’ll spot up to 60 different species of birdlife.
Lunch and Mandy took our senses on an incredible journey. From amazing coastline to spine-tingling interaction with the wildlife topped off with cuisine that would be the envy of any top restaurant.
- Visit some of the best terrestrial-protected areas in the Port Lincoln region
- See an extraordinary range of birdlife including seabirds, shorebirds, songbirds and raptors
- Encounter a diverse range of land and aquatic animals including western grey kangaroos, koalas, sea lions, fur seals, and reptiles
- Get up close and personal with the koalas at Mikkira Station
- Sample oysters at a Coffin Bay oyster farm & tour
Popular add-on options include:
- Day trip to cage dive with great white sharks
- 2 nights accommodation at Port Lincoln Hotel – Ocean View Room OR 2 nights accommodation at South Point Beach House – Private Tour
- Private dinners if staying at South Point beach house
- Touring with professional, local and experienced guides
- Airport transfer and all transport in luxury 4WD land-cruiser
- All daily activities, permit and entry fees based on itinerary
- Oyster tour & tasting
- All National Park & other entry fees
- Daily continental breakfast
- Daily lunches
- Waters, soft drinks, tea, coffee, local produce, local wines & beer
- Birds of Southern Eyre Peninsula Pocket Guide book
Price from $1320.00 per person - Based on minimum of 4 guests
Enquire about this tour
Top Notch, this tour was great from start to finish. Could go on forever but you need to go and experience it for yourself.