Booking Terms & Conditions
For New Bookings & Reservations
Australian Coastal Safaris operates under parent registered company Goin’ Off Safaris Pty Ltd. It is a reputable, licensed and accredited Tourism Operator whom travels through regional, coastal and Outback regions of Australia, which are sometimes remote and isolated. We do reserve the right to alter itineraries, transport and accommodation as the need arises due to adverse weather, road, mechanical failure or any other operational conditions. Wherever possible, an alternative itinerary of similar inclusions will be provided if required, due to unforeseen circumstances.
Australian Coastal Safaris, has the right to cancel any tour in the event that a minimum group number is not attained or adverse natural conditions in which case any money paid by you will be refunded in full.
Australian Coastal Safaris does have discretion to withdraw from or curtail any person’s participation in any tour or activity, which due to their mental or physical condition, is such as to render them incapable of caring for themselves or become objectionable to other passengers or they become a hazard to other passengers or themselves.
The traveller and Australian Coastal Safaris agree that a binding tour contract incorporating these terms and conditions will be formed when Australian Coastal Safaris confirms the travellers bookings, which it will do on receipt of the deposit or tour cost.
All rates are valid for the period 01 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
In booking a tour, the traveller:
- Accepts the physical risks involved in the tour
- Must not commence the tour if they are unfit or become unfit to participate in the tour by reason of ill health or injury
- Is responsible for the safekeeping against loss and protection against damage of all personal effects of the traveller
- Must take out travel insurance covering tour cancellations, inability to travel or continue the tour for any reason, loss or damage of personal effects, medical, evacuation and repatriation and accidental death or disability
- Prepare for the tour by bringing the following:
- Suitable walking shoes
- Water bottle
- Comfortable clothing
- Small day bag or backpack
- Swimmers and towel
- Insect repellant
- Personalized toiletries and medication
AUSTRALIAN COASTAL SAFARIS RESPONSIBILITIES
In accepting a tour booking, Australian Coastal Safaris agrees to:
- Maintain liability and indemnity insurance to cover the liabilities of travellers (travellers are advised to rely upon their own travel insurance in almost all instances where injury, loss or damage is suffered to themselves or their effects)
- Maintain vehicles, licenses and permits necessary to carry out travel arrangements
- Provide sufficient customer care and service throughout selected itinerary
25% deposit required on all bookings. Balance due 30 days prior to departure date. Bookings made 30 days before departure date are to be paid in full unless otherwise specified. A reservation will lapse if the traveller does not pay the deposit or the tour cost by the due date for the relevant payment. The price payable by the traveller is GST inclusive, unless otherwise stated. Payment can be made as a Direct Deposit into our nominated bank account and we do accept most credit cards. Please note that credit card transactions will incur a 1.5% bank fee. American Express will incur a 3.5% bank fee.
The traveller acknowledges that for cancellations that are:
- More than 30 days prior to tour departure and less then 60 days, the traveller must pay a 25% cancellation fee of tour price (deposit) as per normal business.
- Special Circumstances apply to those affected by the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and pertaining to a travel ban from their origin country into Australia or due to interstate border closures. Also, in circumstances where the client/s have come into direct contact with the virus and are unable to travel within that travel period. In this case if the client has cancelled 30 days prior to travel date then a full refund will be given - minus any third-party operators cancellation fees. Please note # Clause 1 below - third-party operators, we must abide by their cancellation policy. Valid till March 31st 2022 unless otherwise stated.
- The following will apply if 1.1 Special Circumstances are prevalent in Cancellation 2, 3 or 4 below. Any deposit and monies paid will be used for future touring/packages with Australian Coastal Safaris. To be undertaken as a case by case process.
- More than 15 days but less than 30 days prior to tour departure, the traveller must pay a 50% cancellation fee of tour price
- More than 7 days but less than 15 days prior to tour departure, the traveller must pay a 75% cancellation fee of tour price
- Less than 7 days prior to tour departure, the traveller will pay a fee of 100% cancellation fee of the tour price or if you leave early whilst on tour.
No refund will be made to the traveller for unused services booked and travellers are bound by these terms and conditions by the booking in their own right or having a booking made on their behalf by another person from the time of booking. Cancellations must be made in writing to the company. If a force majeure circumstance necessitates cancellation of the tour, then the traveller will need to rely upon any travel insurance they hold for compensation and where possible, Australian Coastal Safaris will substitute an itinerary with similar experiences.
A minimum of 2 travellers is required for a tour and Australian Coastal Safaris may cancel a tour if minimum numbers are not met. Australian Coastal Safaris do not accept liability for loss or damage to baggage, sickness or injury, or additional expenses caused by factors beyond the control of the company.
# Clause 1 - In the instance where we book outside operators, we must abide by their cancellation policy. This is the case for any Shark Cage Diving Tours or Swimming with Sealion Tours. Once booked the Shark Cage Dive/Sealion Operators will charge between 10% - 20% if you cancel prior to 48Hours and no refund within 48 hours of tour.
# Clause 2 - The terms & conditions may differ for tailored itineraries & bookings and these will be provided separately.
Considerable care has been taken to compile the information on our website and brochures, but circumstances may necessitate changes. Allitineraries are subject to change or cancellation without notice. In terms of any third-party suppliers cost increases, government charges or changes in costs, Australian Coastal Safaris will advise clients at time of booking and pass these costs onto the client.
It is unlikely that a tour would be cancelled, however Australian Coastal Safaris have the right to cancel tours with less than 2 passengers if deemed necessary unless tour is on a private basis.
Australian Coastal Safaris operates two luxury Toyota Landcruisers VX 4WD, with a maximum of 6 passengers or from 7 to 24 passengers in our Mitsubishi Rosa Deluxe coach.
Personal Travel Insurance is strongly recommended and encouraged for all tours, to cover loss of deposit, airfares, accommodation charges, medical expenses, loss or damage to personal property and repatriation expenses.
The insurance policy should also cover loss arising from the passenger’s inability to travel due to any reason whatsoever. Please note that it is the passenger’s own responsibility to arrange insurance.
Australian Coastal Safaris will not be held responsible for any personal injuries or loss, damages or expenses of property or to a person travelling.
Tours operate on weekly departures all year round except on Block Out Dates listed. Tours can operate on Block out dates however signifcant surcharges apply.
Block Out Dates
|Easter Holidays||2 - 5 April 2021|
|ANZAC Day||26 April 2021 (25April)|
|Queens Birthday||14 June 2021|
|Labour Day||4 October 2021|
|Christmas Holidays||24 – 28December 2021|
|New Years Eve||31December 2021|
|New Years Day||3 January 2022|
|Australia Day||26 January 2022|
|Adelaide Cup Day||14 March 2022|
Travellers should make all complaints directly to Australian Coastal Safaris in writing or verbally immediately after the event leading to the complaint to give Australian Coastal Safaris the opportunity to investigate or remedy the complaint. Australian Coastal Safaris will not accept responsibility for complaints received more than 14 days after an event leading to a complaint occurs.
LIABILITY, RESPONSIBILITY, LIMITATION AND JURISDICTION:
Australian Coastal Safaris is not responsible for the actions, defaults or negligence of any travel or accommodation providers it engages for the purposes of the tour except where the loss or damages arises from a specific direction given by Australian Coastal Safaris to those providers. Travellers should direct all claims to those providers and be aware that they are bound by the conditions of travel or accommodation imposed by those providers.
The traveller is responsible for all loss or damage arising through his or her own fault. Australian Coastal Safaris will not be liable for any illness, injury or death sustained on a tour by reason of the traveller’s medical condition. Australian Coastal Safaris will not be responsible for and the traveller releases Australian Coastal Safaris from any liability arising out of any medical condition suffered by the traveller during the tour or as a consequence of the tour.
The traveller indemnifies and holds harmless Australian Coastal Safarisand its officers, employees and suppliers against all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, expenses and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis and whether directly incurred by or awarded against Australian Coastal Safaris) as a result of or arising in relation to, whether directly or indirectly, the traveller booking or participating in the tour or any act or omission by the traveller in relation to the tour.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, all implied conditions and warranties regarding the provision of services by Australian Coastal Safaris under these terms and conditions are excluded. Australian Coastal Safaris liability in relation to any non-excludable conditions or warranties is limited to (at Australian Coastal Safaris option) either delivering the services again or paying the cost of providing similar services again. In any event, Australian Coastal Safaris total liability under this Agreement (including for loss or damage to baggage, compensation for distress, disappointment and loss of enjoyment) will be limited to the amount of the tour price actually paid by the traveller to Australian Coastal Safaris. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Australian Coastal Safaris excludes and the traveller releases Australian Coastal Safaris from all other liability, including without limitation any consequential or special damages or costs, arising directly or indirectly from or in relation to the services provided in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Any booking shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws in force in South Australia and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia.