Outback to Ocean Photography Workshop
4 DAYS, 4 NIGHTS
Extreme imagery from the sea to the ranges
Join award winning Eyre Peninsula photographer, Fran Solly, on a photographic tour through South Australia's most dramatic coastal and outback regions. Fran is a professional photographer and lead photographer with Take 2 Photography. You will have her undivided attention, plus one-on-one mentoring and support as groups are intimate and personal with only four guests per tour.
The Eyre Peninsula offers a spectacular blend of terrestrial and marine wildlife photography opportunities. There are a variety of habitats including coastal dune shrublands, mallee woodlands and saltmarshes showcasing 270 species of birds, 1,900 native plant species, and iconic species such as Australian sea lions, western grey kangaroos, emus, koalas, southern hairy-nosed wombats, goannas, dolphins and numerous bush birds. Landscapes include the amazing patterns and textures of the area’s pristine sand dunes and salt lakes, as well as unique granite outcrops. Our seascapes range from rugged surf beaches fringed with towering limestone cliffs to gentle deserted shores.
Fran shares her favourite photographic destinations along the west coast of the Eyre Peninsula to the stunning Gawler Ranges, her experience and knowledge in post-processing and editing and ensures that guests are in the right place at the right time for that perfect photo. For the past five years, Fran has also taught photography and post processing, with her courses being highly sought after. For those wanting to capture the ocean's ultimate predator, this tour can also be extended to photograph the Great White Shark.
Not only will you immerse yourself in the stunning landscapes, wildlife and nature but also the hospitality of the local country towns, the stunning Gawler Ranges in the South Australian Outback and the feeling of tranquillity and remoteness of our region.
- Visit spectacular coastlines, coastal cliffs, foot-print beaches, National & Conservation Parks, amazing Gawler Ranges, salt lakes, mallee scrub, unusual rock outcrops, ocean caves, coastal hamlets, wilderness areas, and protected areas.
- See an abundance of seabirds, shorebirds, songbirds, parrots (including the beautiful Port Lincoln parrot) and raptors including osprey and white-bellied sea eagles, western grey kangaroos,emus, koalas and Rosenberg’s goannas, plus so much more.
- Interact with our iconic koalas: you’re sure to be surprised.
- Visit great photographic locations such as Talia Caves — right on the coastline, Murphys Haystacks — an outcrop of unique pink granite boulders, the Organ Pipes and Salt Lakes of the Gawler Ranges, surf beaches and sand dunes systems along the coast, and spectacular Cummings Monument.
- Witness night sky/light painting in the outback.
- Experience one-on-one mentoring sessions with Fran, plus studio time for post processing/editing workshop to get the best out of your images.
- Touring with professional, local and experienced Photographic Guide & Teacher
- One-on-one mentoring sessions
- Post processing/editing Workshop
- Transport in luxury 4WD Land-Cruiser
- Airport transfers
- All daily activities, permit and entry fees based on itinerary
- All National Park and other entry fees
- Daily continental breakfast
- Daily lunches
- Waters, soft drinks, tea, coffee, local produce, selected local wine/beer
- Two-nights accommodation at Port Lincoln Hotel — Ocean View room
- One-night accommodation at Streaky Bay Hotel or Motel
- One-night accommodation at Wudinna Hotel or Gawler Ranges Motel
Enquire about this tour
We were treated like family. Australian Coastal Safaris is a premium tour company second to none. Bottom line my wife and I are already planning a return trip and it will be a Australian Coastal Safaris extravaganza.
JOE & LINDA, USA