Hunt and Gather Experience
2 DAYS, 1 NIGHT
The seafood doesn’t get any fresher than this
Imagine a tour where you dig your toes in the sand to collect cockles, four-wheel drive through massive sand dunes, throw a line from a pure white beach into an azure blue sea, delight as fresh fish are hooked and pulled to shore, and top it off by pulling on a snorkel and goggles to collect abalone just metres from shore.
On top of that, you can then sit back and relax as a seafood lunch is cooked by your Australian Coastal Safari host on the beach, while you indulge in a glass of local wine, breathe in the freshest sea air, and watch out for local dolphins and sea lions that frequent the area. This tour was featured in Tourism Australia’s Restaurant Australia campaign.
An excellent adventure, touring parts of the Eyre Peninsula we would never had gone to, catching and eating wonderful fresh seafood we had never tried before and learning about the area from a true local. David was brilliant guide making sure we were all involved in the experience, thank you.
- Hunt and gather your own abalone and cockles
- Salmon surf/beach fishing on a secluded beach
- 4WDriving through massive sand-dunes (and maybe even some sand-boarding)
- Visit beautiful Lincoln National Park and it’s rugged coastline
- Relax with a local wine or beer while looking for dolphins
- Can’t get enough of seafood? You’ll be able to enjoy two-days of seafood for gourmet lunches plus tastings
Popular add-on options include:
- Take an exhilarating day trip to cage dive with great white sharks
- Swim with frolicking sea lions
- Head out on an offshore fishing charter
- And so much more...just tell us what you want to do!!
- One night accommodation in an Ocean View Room at the 4.5 stars Port Lincoln Hotel, twin-share with continental breakfast
- Hotel pick-up and drop off and airport transfers (only on day of tour)
- Seafood Lunches
- Selected local beverages and tea/coffee, afternoon/morning tea
- Fully-guided by a local, experienced guide
- All equipment, fishing gear, sand-boards, entrance fees
- All activity fees and charges
Enquire about this tour
A beautiful house right on the beachfront. Guests will want for nothing, as the hosts have thought of everything. I can only highly recommend this beautiful house.