Hunt and Gather Experience
2 DAYS, 1 NIGHT
The seafood doesn’t get any fresher than this
If you love seafood and the feeling of enjoying the fruits of your labour, then this is the safari for you. This tour highlights Australia’s seafood frontier and takes you to the hotspots only visited by locals to hunt and gather your own “catch of the day”. It’s all about taking an active hands-on approach, get sand through your toes, breathe in the fresh sea air, feel calm and revived and just take in the beauty and splendour of the West Coast of South Australia. Learn about the largest fishing industries in the Southern Hemisphere from the fisherman and taste some of the freshest seafood in Australia. This tour was featured in Tourism Australia’s Restaurant Australia campaign.
An excellent adventure, touring parts of the Eyre Peninsula we would never had gone to, catching and eating wonderful fresh seafood we had never tried before and learning about the area from a true local. David was brilliant guide making sure we were all involved in the experience, thank you.
- Hunt and gather your own abalone and cockles
- Salmon surf/beach fishing on a secluded beach
- Learn to 'shuck' oysters
- 4WDriving through massive sand-dunes (and maybe even some sand-boarding)
- Seafood factory tours & tasting
- Visit beautiful Lincoln National Park and it’s rugged coastline
- Relax with a local wine or beer while looking for dolphins
- Can’t get enough of seafood? You’ll be able to enjoy two-days of seafood for gourmet lunches plus tastings
Popular add-on options include:
- Take an exhilarating day trip to cage dive with great white sharks
- Swim with frolicking sea lions
- Head out on an offshore fishing charter
- And so much more...just tell us what you want to do!!
- One night accommodation in an Ocean View Room at the 4.5 stars Port Lincoln Hotel, twin-share with continental breakfast
- Hotel pick-up and drop off and airport transfers (only on day of tour)
- Seafood Lunches
- Selected local beverages and tea/coffee, afternoon/morning tea
- Fully-guided by a local, experienced guide
- All equipment, fishing gear, sand-boards, entrance fees
- All activity fees and charges
Enquire about this tour
We were travelling by cruise ship in Feb 2019 and I found this tour online Best of Coffin Bay & Port Lincoln Day Tour by Australian Coastal Safaris, very easy to book online and received emails quickly and was kept informed right up to day of the tour with instructions, greeted on wharf by Peter our guide for the day and really was the best day, Peter shared his knowledge and passion for this area and we lapped it up, learning about the Coffin Bay Pacific Oysters, seafood lunch was a treat so good to try the variety from the area, some things I have not tried before and surprise afternoon "happy hour" at Mikkira Station was a bonus. I would highly recommend Peter and Australian Coastal Safaris and if we came back to SA would certainly see them to explore the area further. Many Thanks!