Hook and Sinker Fishing Safari
3 DAYS, 2 NIGHTS OR 4 DAYS, 3 NIGHTS
For serious anglers, this tour is the reel deal
Got time for a fishing trip? Well, Coffin Bay is THE place to wet a line! Think fishing the day and night away is a perfect way to spend the weekend? We think so too! That’s why you’ll be hooked by Australian Coastal Safaris’ incredible Hook & Sinker Fishing Safari.
Join us on the ultimate surf/beach fishing adventure where you’ll be targeting Australian salmon and flathead. You’ll also head out on a Southern Ocean deep sea fishing charter targeting bigs snapper, nannygai, blue morwong, sharks, and blue groper. Plus, an inshore fishing charter from Coffin Bay into pristine waters to catch the famous King George whiting, trevally, garfish and squid, to name just a few.
Our four- day/three-night option is only available January to May and includes fishing for kingfish & southern bluefin tuna. We fish at the magnificent Greenly and Rocky Island locations (weather permitting), that are rarely frequented by other fishing vessels; offering unexploited fishing potential with rewards of some outstanding fishing in some very beautiful, deep blue waters.
If you’re a keen angler, an Australian Coastal Safaris Hook & Sinker Fishing Safari on the southern Eyre Peninsula is a ‘must-do’ just waiting to be ticked off your bucket list.
Please note: Hook and Sinker Safaris are based on generally a minimum of 4 guests.
Tours can be Private or Shared.
Seven blokes organised a fishing trip to South Australia which turned into the trip of a lifetime with many memories that will bring us back again and again and again.
- Try surf/ beach fishing — targeting Australian salmon and flathead
- Experience a Southern Ocean deep sea fishing charter — sports fishing targeting big snapper, nannygai, blue morwong, sharks, and blue groper, and more.
- Target King George whiting, trevally and garfish on a Coffin Bay inshore fishing charter.
- Cast a line island fishing for kingfish and southern bluefin tuna (4 day/3 night only)
- Two or three day fishing charter
- One-day surf/beach fishing
- All quality fishing rods, reels, bait & tackle
- Fish packed up for travel
- Two or three nights accommodation in Port Lincoln — depending on tour option
- Continental breakfasts each day
- Lunches, light refreshments, and selected beverages
- Airport pick-up and drop off
- Fancy extending your trip? Consider including one of these activities to your trip:
- Full-day shark cage dive
- Tuna fishing charter at Greenly Island (Seasonal, Jan-May)
- Upgrade your accommodation to our self-contained South Point Beach House. Cook your own catch, or we can provide full catering — breakfast, lunch and dinner each day
- We can also clean and package your fish to take home.
Enquire about this tour
We were travelling by cruise ship in Feb 2019 and I found this tour online Best of Coffin Bay & Port Lincoln Day Tour by Australian Coastal Safaris, very easy to book online and received emails quickly and was kept informed right up to day of the tour with instructions, greeted on wharf by Peter our guide for the day and really was the best day, Peter shared his knowledge and passion for this area and we lapped it up, learning about the Coffin Bay Pacific Oysters, seafood lunch was a treat so good to try the variety from the area, some things I have not tried before and surprise afternoon "happy hour" at Mikkira Station was a bonus. I would highly recommend Peter and Australian Coastal Safaris and if we came back to SA would certainly see them to explore the area further. Many Thanks!