Winter Whale Watching & Wildlife Encounter
4Days/4Nights (SEASONAL ONLY JULY - SEPTEMBER)
Your opportunity to view majestic southern right and humpback whales
Imagine being able to see first hand some of the ocean’s most majestic leviathans frolicking in the shallow waters of the Great Australian Bight. Australian Coastal Safaris lets you experience southern right and humpback whales as they venture near the coast to birth and rear their young.
Your tour kicks off in Ceduna, where we experience local Aboriginal Art, Penong Windmills, the awesome pink Lake MacDonnell, stunning Davenport Creek and the local region, maybe even spot wombats along the way. In Fowlers Bay, an oceanic cruise awaits. Get up close and personal with the whales, plus dolphins, sea lions and fur seals, white-bellied sea eagles, little penguins and rare species of albatross. Be amazed as we drop a hydrophone over the side of the boat to pick up the latest chattering of the mighty humpback. We explore Fowlers Bay and the amazing surrounds, coastline & massive sand-dunes.
There’s even more to see on our return trip to Ceduna and subsequent journey right down to the bottom of the Eyre Peninsula to Port Lincoln passing through coastal towns and attractions including Smoky Bay, Perlubie Beach, Streaky Bay, Murphy’s Haystacks, Talia Caves, Elliston, and much more.
In Port Lincoln, you’ll get to see wildlife of a different kind as visits to the tiny coastal hamlet of Tulka, Lincoln National Park, and Mikkira Station will have you spotting all manner of beautiful and endangered animals, from koalas, lizards, kangaroos and emus to many species of birds, and rare, native plant life. Finish off with a platter of local produce and a glass or two of local wine while you reflect on the last few days and listen to the sounds of the region’s extraordinary life.
What a wonderful and memorable week we had, the sense of quiet, calm security that pervaded the Top of the Bight with The Southern Right Whales and the calves appearing so at home, coming face to face with koalas in the wild when I thought I had “done” koalas, all these experiences were highlighted by your enthusiasm and your personal inside knowledge of the people and industry of the area provided us with a special, not to be beaten adventure. Thank you.
- View the most spectacular coastal scenery in South Australia ranging from ancient cliffs to stunning, long footprint-free beaches bordered by massive sand dunes
- Marvel at the pristine and clear waters of the Southern Ocean and the untouched natural beauty from the Nullarbor National Park and Regional Reserve plus the Great Australian Bight Marine Park, the stunning west coast of South Australia, and the Port Lincoln National Park.
- Cruise Fowlers Bay while spotting the majestic southern right whale, the humpback whale, with their calves, pods of dolphins, Australian sea lions, NZ fur seals and white-bellied sea eagles, little penguins and some rare species of albatross.
- Check out Murphy’s Haystacks, an outcrop of unique pink granite boulders, amazing Talia Caves and Cummings Monument
- See an abundance of seabirds, shorebirds, songbirds, parrots (including the beautiful Port Lincoln parrot) and raptors including osprey and white-bellied sea eagles
- Look out for western grey kangaroos, emus, koalas and Rosenberg’s goannas, plus so much more.
- Visit arguably the best koala experience in Australia.
- Learn about our diverse seafood industry as we are the Capital Seafood of Australia
Popular add-on options include:
- Day trip to cage dive with Great White Sharks
- Coffin Bay Oysters, Ocean & Nature Tour
- Four nights accommodation - Ceduna Foreshore Hotel, Port Lincoln Hotel
- Touring with professional, local and experienced guides
- Transport in luxury 4WD Land-Cruiser or Deluxe Mitsubishi Coach
- Airport transfers
- All daily activities, permit and entry fees based on itinerary
- All National Park & other entry fees
- Daily Continental breakfasts
- Daily lunches
- Waters, soft drinks, tea, coffee, local produce, morning tea, selected local wines & beer
- Flights Adelaide - Ceduna and Port Lincoln - Adelaide
- Travel Insurance
Minimum 4 guests/ maximum 10 guests. Cost shown is based on 10pax
Accommodation is Twin Share. Single Supplement will be applied to single travellers and subject to availability
Flights not included in package. Regional Express (REX) fly from Adelaide to Ceduna 7.10am - 8.40am . Flights from Port Lincoln to Adelaide either REX or QantasLink
Private Tour Options also available.
Enquire about this tour
We had the best time in Port Lincoln with Aus Coastal Safaris! Excellent service, very educative, great itinerary, amazing & knowledgeable host that took us to awesome places in Pt Lincoln. This company deserves 5 stars, or even more! It was our second time at Pt Lincoln and now we know so much more about this wonderful place! Highly recommend this company, keep up the great work 🙂